Best Chocolate Shops
January 30, 2017 in Best of McHenry County, Fans' Choice Awards, Food & Drink, Going Places, Lil Hank, Shopping by Kallie Kouvelis
Top 5 chocolate shops, ranked.
1. Riverside Chocolate Factory, McHenry, est. 1986
- Why it’s the best: “It is due to our consistent use of the absolute finest ingredients, local and organic when available.”
- Don’t leave without trying: Chocolate-dipped strawberries or raspberries.
2. Anderson’s Candy Shop, downtown Richmond, est. 1919
- Why it’s one of the best: “Anderson’s quality is time-tested and unbeatable. The caramels, creams and toffees are made from scratch and hand dipped in high-quality chocolate.”
- Don’t leave without trying: The peanut butter cream and raspberry mallow bars or the famous Lars Bars (like a turtle).
3. Ethereal Confections, Woodstock Square, est. 2011
- Why it’s one of the best: “We’re the only bean-to-bar chocolate company in the state of Illinois! We’re all natural and we use organic ingredients whenever possible, so our products are truly ‘ethereal.’ With small plates, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, pastries, desserts and chocolate pairings, there are a lot of delectable options!”
- Don’t leave without trying: Caramel inferno truffle: caramel, ghost chili, habanero and smoked sea salt.
4. Morkes Chocolates of Huntley, est. 1920
- Why it’s one of the best: “From the moment you walk through our doors and ring the old-fashioned shop keeper’s bell, you will experience a feast for the senses: enticing smells, a friendly staff and beautiful decorations. Come on in and enjoy a cozy cup of coffee, tea or another sweet treat.”
- Don’t leave without trying: A caramel pecan donut and a salted caramel mocha.
5. Mellie’s Chocolate & Co, Downtown Crystal Lake, est. 2014
- Why it’s one of the best: “Freshly made chocolates everyday. We use the highest-quality ingredients!”
- Don’t leave without trying: Our handmade celtic sea salt caramel.
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Riverside Chocolate Factory
Riverside Chocolate Factory, Illinois 120, McHenry, IL, United States
Anderson's Candy Shop
Anderson's Candy Shop, North Main Street, Richmond, IL, United States
Ethereal Confections, South Benton Street, Woodstock, IL, United States
Morkes Chocolates, Main Street, Huntley, IL, United States
Mellie's Chocolate & Co.
Mellie's Chocolate & Co., North Williams Street, Crystal Lake, IL, United States