Best Corned Beef & Cabbage
Top 5 local spots for corned beef and cabbage, ranked.
- Generous portion of tender, juicy corned beef atop cabbage, served with boiled red potatoes, celery and carrots, soup or salad, and horseradish, $12.99.
- March 14-19, Monday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Reservations: Recommended for parties of 6+ (815.338.6455).
“We operate and act like family here. And when cooking for family, your heart goes in it. The combination of atmosphere and food done right makes for the recognition that was paid to us.”
- Corned beef brisket, plated with cabbage, boiled potatoes, carrots and soda bread, $12.95.
- Daily, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Reservations: Typically first come, first served; may take reservations upon special request (847.669.8496).
- “We start by ordering two or three top-brand briskets and prepare them as if we were going to plate for St. Patrick’s Day … then we choose the best of the best.”
- Slow-roasted corned beef “round” (a leaner cut) over a wedge of steamed cabbage along with celery, carrots and baby red potatoes, rye bread, butter and homemade horseradish sauce, $13.99.
- March 17-March 20, Thursday and Saturday: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Bagpiper plays on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Reservations: Yes, except on St. Patrick’s Day (815.678.3623).
- “We serve more than 1,500 pounds of corned beef during the holiday weekend.”
- All-you-can-eat corned beef and cabbage served with red potatoes, $15.
- Daily, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Reservations: Recommended (815.206.5580).
- “We make everything from scratch. Our chefs start with whole brined beef briskets and slowly simmer them in our blend of herbs, spices and vegetables.”
- Large portion of corned beef and cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, Swiss Maid Bakery rye roll and horseradish, $11.
- March 17-19, 4 p.m.-10 p.m. Live music Saturday.
- Reservations: Recommended for parties of 6+ (815.337.7254).
- “Slow-simmered corn beef with Great-Grandma’s secret bouquet garni and spices. Bakery-fresh rye roll, real horseradish and generous portions.”
Prices, menu options, hours, etc., are subject to change at any time. Always call ahead!
Cast your vote in April’s Best Brewery poll!
Niko's Red Mill Tavern
Niko's Red Mill Tavern, Lake Avenue, Woodstock, IL, United States
Parkside Pub, Huntley, IL, United States
Doyle's Pub, Mill Street, Richmond, IL, United States
Liquid Blues Ltd, North Benton Street, Woodstock, IL, United States
D.C. Cobb's, Main Street, Woodstock, IL, United States