Best Mexican Restaurants
Top 5 Mexican Restaurants, ranked.
1. Pablo’s Restaurant & Cantina, Crystal Lake
- Most popular order: At the bar, margaritas; in the restaurant, the famous fajitas.
- The scene: Sit-down restaurant that feels like you’re on a tropical vacation. The full bar features freshly made cocktails. Fast and fresh carryout with award-winning chips and salsa.
- Hours: Sunday-Wednesday: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Thursday-Saturday: 11 a.m.- 10 p.m.; the bar is open Friday-Saturday until 11p.m. Phone: 815.455.7398.
- Fans love Pablo’s because …”We are landmark in our community. We’ve serve our town proudly for 30 years. Our guests are an extension of our family. We know their names we know their order. We serve Crystal Lake proudly.”
2. Cuco’s Burrito Express, Cary
- Most popular order: The fan favorite is the cheese enchiladas and chicken flautas.
- The scene: Order take-out or sit down inside and enjoy the casual ambiance and attire.
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Friday-Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone:847.829.4930.
- Fans love Cuco’s because … “We have all types of Mexican food, a very friendly staff and affordable prices.”
3. Tacos El Norte, McHenry
- Most popular order: The two taco dinner with beans and rice.
- The scene: A family-friendly restaurant that offers dining in, take out and catering services.
- Hours: Sunday-Monday 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Tuesday-Saturday 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 815-759-9227.
- Fans love us because … “We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the food is authentic and made fresh daily.”
4. Raul’s Burrito Express, Wauconda
- Most popular order: Authentic tacos and burritos.
- The scene: A fast-food Mexican place that has simple, great food. Enjoy dining in, carryout or sitting out on the front patio.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m.; Friday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 847.487.1494
- Fan love us because … “We offer a delicious variety of authentic Mexican burritos, tacos and side dishes. We feature different burritos and different tacos using only the best steak, chicken and pork.”
5. La Huerta 5, McHenry
- Most popular order: The steak and al pastor tacos.
- The scene: No tables, but a long lunch bar where customers can sit in and eat or order takeout. Tacos are made within minutes of being ordered.
- Hours: Daily, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Phone: 815.578.1850.
- Fans love us because … “Everything we make is fresh and made the same day it’s cooked. Food is prepared in front of you and you can see everything that goes in it. We work at a very fast pace to ensure all orders come out quickly.”
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Cast your vote in next month’s food poll by subscribing to our Facebook Events Page.