Best Pizza Places
Top 5 Pizza places, ranked.
1. *Georgio’s Chicago Pizzeria & Pub, downtown Crystal Lake, est. 2002
- The pizza: Original Chicago-style deep dish crust recipe and thin crust. All toppings are fresh from meats like sausage, pepperoni and bacon to fresh spinach to roasted red peppers.
- Customer favorite: Papa Georgio, Mama Primavera, Second City, and spinach and cheese.
- Get some: Dine in, delivery, carryout, catering and private events – good for groups.
2. *Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria, Lakewood (delivery only in Cary), est. 1971
- The pizza: The flaky, buttery crust and exclusive sausage blend are unmatched in flavor and taste. The tomato sauce is from California where a team from Malnati’s meet personally with tomato growers. The finest vine-ripened plum tomatoes are then blended and canned exclusively for Malnati’s use. The cheese has come from the same small dairy in Wisconsin for more than 40 years.
- Customer favorite: The Chicago Classic and The Lou.
- Get some: Family-friendly environment and a delicious meal the entire family can enjoy at a great value. The other pizzerias offer carryout and delivery services. There is drop off catering available at all locations.
3. Red’s Tavern & Pizzeria, Harvard, est. 1959
- The pizza: Very thin crust with dough made in house, as well as house-made sauce and sausage.
- Customer favorite: Cheese and sausage, and the special: cheese, sausage, mushrooms, onions and green peppers.
- Get some: Dine-in or carryout, can accommodate groups.
4. *Nick’s Pizza & Pub, Crystal Lake, est. 1995
- The pizza: Made in-house, from-scratch thin crust and Double Decker (thin bottom crust, toppings and then another thin crust in the middle and then more toppings). Traditional, made-from-scratch family recipe red sauce and an extra virgin oil sauce.
- Customer favorite: Nick’s Special: sausage, cheese, fresh sliced mushrooms, onion and green peppers.
- Get some: Dine in, delivery, and take-out, plus banquets and catering and big groups (seating for 350).
5. That’s Amore Pizza, Crystal Lake, est. 2011
- The pizza: New York-style with thin crust and a raised edge. The pizza is always pie cut and toppings are fresh and hand prepped.
- Customer favorite: The Slim’s Special featuring a slightly spicy arrabiata sauce.
- Get some: Dine in at the small casual dining room, carry out or delivery within a five mile radius.
*Restaurant has other locations outside of McHenry County.
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Ranking based on Facebook fan votes. Subscribe to our Facebook Events Page to cast your vote in our polls.