Best Spot for Soup
January 9, 2017 in Best of McHenry County, Fans' Choice Awards, Food & Drink, Going Places, Lil Hank, Shopping by Kallie Kouvelis
Top 5 spots for soup, ranked.
1. Kim & Patty’s Cafe, McHenry, est. 2010
- Why it’s the best: “All of our soups are homemade by Chef Javier, he has many years of experience making soup with fresh ingredients and each are made with love.”
- Best-selling soup: The cream of chicken rice.
2. Tony’s Cafe, Crystal Lake, est. 1994
- Why it’s one of the best: “Our soup is made fresh every morning from fresh ingredients. We have a multitude of customers that come in certain days for their favorite.”
- Best-selling soup: Cream of chicken rice. Many people take quarts of it home.
3. Cafe Olympic, Crystal Lake, est. 1998
- Why it’s one of the best: “Our soups are made fresh and from scratch everyday and always have been.
- Best-selling soup: The cream of chicken rice (with lemon).
4. Andy’s Restaurant, Crystal Lake, est. 1981
- Why it’s one of the best: “Our family takes incredible pride to ensure that we offer fresh, quality homemade soups. Our soups are made daily and served with a smile.”
- Best-selling soup: The homemade cream of chicken rice.
5. Public House of Woodstock, est. 2006
- Why it’s one of the best: “We have eight homemade soups made fresh daily which range in variety from seafood to vegetarian to gluten free, plus seasonal soups like harvest pumpkin (fall) and lobster bisque (Lent).
- Best-selling soup: Loaded baked potato and clam chowder.
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Kim & Patty's
Kim & Patty's Cafe, Ridgeview Drive, McHenry, IL, United States
Tony's Cafe, McHenry Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Cafe Olympic, North Williams Street, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Andy's Restaurant, West Virginia Street, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Public House of Woodstock
Public House of Woodstock, North Johnson Street, Woodstock, IL, United States