April 10, 2017 in Best of McHenry County, Fans' Choice Awards, Food & Drink, Going Places, Lil Hank, Shopping by Kallie Kouvelis
Top 5 steakhouses, ranked.
1. Jameson’s Charhouse, Crystal Lake, est. 2009.
- Why it’s the best: “We offer a quality product at a tremendous value. We also treat our guests in a way they want to be treated, getting to know them on a personal level and truly caring about their experience.”
- Best seller: Filet mignon.
2. Montarra Grill, Algonquin, est. 2004.
- Why it’s one of the best: “All of our beef is USDA graded in the top 8 percent of all U.S. cattle and wet aged a minimum of 21 to 28 days.”
- Best sellers: Black angus filet mignon, ribeye, Churrasco-style skirt steak.
3. Texas Roadhouse, Crystal Lake, est. 2014.
- Why it’s one of the best: “We offer an assortment of specially seasoned and aged steaks hand-cut daily on the premises and cooked to order over open gas-fired grills.”
- Best-sellers: The 6-ounce sirloin during early dine.
4. Paisano’s on Broadway, Richmond, est. 1980.
- Why it’s one of the best: “Our steaks are Certified Angus Beef, which we cook in 1,500-degree broilers (impossible to do at home or on a barbecue grill). Our meats are center cuts, which mean they have the most marbling.”
- Best-sellers: Kobe (Japanese Wagyu) beef bone-in filet. It’s a 18-20-ounce filet which we prepare Roberto-style (fried onions, roasted garlic and spinach on top served with a side of pasta or potato of your choice).
5. Jimmy’s Charhouse, Elgin, est. 2000
- Why it’s one of the best: “We offer the finest charbroiled steaks. It’s the perfect place to relax after long day at work or after a delicious dinner in our dining room.”
- Best-sellers: Roasted prime rib or beef Fridays and Saturdays.
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Jameson's Charhouse, Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Montarra, South Randall Road, Algonquin, IL, United States
Texas Roadhouse, Cog Circle, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Paisano's, Richmond, IL, United States
Jimmy's Charhouse, Point Boulevard, Elgin, IL, United States