Spring Fiber Fling
SPRING FIBER FLING
11900 COUNTRY CLUB ROAD, WOODSTOCK, IL
SPONSORED BY THE MCHENRY COUNTY
MAY 20, 2017 9 AM TO 5 PM
MAY 21, 2017 9 AM TO 4 PM
$3 per person
7 year old and under is free
We offer an educational event focused on fiber and the process from “Sheep to Shawl”. It will be a weekend event with various activities and events for the public to take part in, learn, and purchase anything from art supplies to a finished handmade product. We will have different livestock shows and demonstrations going on around the grounds for spectators to enjoy. We will have 3 buildings set up for our crafters, artisans and fiber related venders with booths set up to sell everything from fiber art supplies (wool, knitting needles, crochet hooks, cloth, etc.) to finished products (handmade items). We will then have a third building set up for classrooms where we will have instructors teaching different skill sets at different experience levels. The classes will consist of, but are not limited to, spinning, weaving, quilting, sewing, knitting, and fiber animal management classes. We are very excited for the event and cannot wait to give this educational experience to our community
If you would like to learn more about our event, please visit our website at www.mchenrycountyfair.com
There are many different things to see during this fun 2 day event! Bring your friends and family to check it out!
• Sheep and Alpaca Exposition will be in the animal barns. Stop by the barns to view the different breeds of animals that provide us with fiber. Talk to various farms about their fiber related businesses.
• Workshops and Classes on various fiber crafts and hobbies will be held over the course of the weekend. Be sure to register early to save your spot in the class!
Here is a list of classes offered:
• Needle Felt Gnome
• Knit Cable Scarf
• Continuous Strand Weaving
• Fix Your Knitting
• Spinning Wool 101, Beginners Class
• Painting with Fiber
• Silk Reeling Basics
• Painting a Picture with Wool
• Angel Felting Class
• Spinning the Fiber of the Gods…Alpaca
• Beginning Crocheting
• Welt Felted Necklace
• Homemade Goat Soap (2 different classes)
Class size is limited.
Sign up NOW by going to mchenrycoutyfair.com
• Crafters and Vendors will be throughout the fairgrounds selling finished fiber products (quilts, bags, felted pictures and sculptures, baskets, soap, and other beautiful items) and high quality fiber tools, yarn and fabrics that any artesian or craft lover will want to purchase.
• Demonstrations will be going on throughout the grounds on various fiber relates activities such as spinning, quilting, goat soap making, sheep shearing, skirting fleece, sheep herding demos and so much more! Stop by the demos and learn the skills necessary to go from “Sheep to Shawl.”
DAILY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
10:30 am Sheep Shearing
11:00 am Skirting the Fleece
11:30 am Sheep Herding Demo
1:30 pm Sheep Shearing
2:00 pm Skirting the Fleece
2:30 pm Sheep Herding Demo
May 20 - May 21 from 9 am to 5 pm
McHenry County Fairgrounds, Country Club Road, Woodstock, IL, United States