Bean & Tomato Salad
Try this great summery Mediterranean-style salad!
Green Bean and Tomato Salad
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved, or small heirloom tomatoes halved or quartered
- ½ – 1 small red onion, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried basil, crushed)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- In a covered medium saucepan cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water for 7-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain. Submerse in icewater to cool quickly; drain.
- In a large bowl combine green beans, tomatoes, and onion. Drizzle with Red Wine Vinaigrette; sprinkle with basil. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Optional – this recipe is great with Fresh Mozzarella Chunks or you can try tossing with Grilled Shrimp.
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 11/2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Combine vinegar and shallot and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk in mustard. Add oil in a steady stream whisking constantly until combined. Stir in kosher salt and pepper. Keeps up to 3 days.