Crystal Lake Housewalk
Take an exclusive mini tour of the Crystal Lake Housewalk homes – and mark your calendar for the October 16 event.
Celebrate Crystal Lake’s past, present and future on Friday, October 16 with a ticket to the 41st Annual Housewalk.
Event host Service League of Crystal Lake presents “Then, Now, Always,” featuring four must-see homes, each reflecting a unique way of life in Crystal Lake from a true lake house to a historic icon, from a designer’s dream to an adventurer’s escape.
Not only does a ticket allow you to tour four unique local homes – all decked out for the season, no less – but the money directly benefits those in immediate need in the community. Last year, the Housewalk raised a $30,000 – a record it hopes to beat this year. Be sure to join the Facebook event page and add the event to your personal calendar.
Without further ado, McHenry County Living is pleased to share with you an exclusive sneak peek of this year’s Housewalk homes …
The Greenwald Home – An Adventure in Every Room
Artifacts from Hawaii, the Southwest and even a Super Bowl win are on display for everyone to enjoy at the Greenwalds’ Prairie Grove home. The adventure continues in the 1950s diner and movie theater on the lower level. Outdoors, the grounds can be enjoyed day or night with professionally designed lighting, a koi pond and an outdoor entertainment area.
The Joniak Home – A Designer’s “Well-Dressed Nest”
Interior designer and homeowner Tracy Joniak has taken extreme attention to detail in her and her husband’s home. From the cozy kitchen, formal dining room, Brazilian cherry wood floors to the professionally landscaped grounds, every inch of this home is considerably thought through inside and out. This home will inspire you to spoil yourself in everyday surroundings. “Life is too short not to be comfortable” Joniak said.
The Reckamp Home – A True Lake House in The Gates
Right down the street from the lake, the Reckamp family opted for a light, airy feel for their mid-century ranch house. Everyone will appreciate the laid-back, lake-living feel of this house with practical, “sand friendly” design ideas created with the family’s four active kids in mind.
The Roberts-Stevens Home – A Beauty on Ringling Road
The Roberts-Stevens Home is located on Ringling Road, named after Eliza “Lou” Ringling, the widow of the oldest Ringling brother, of circus fame. She was instrumental in refurbishing the Dole Mansion across the street (read more). This 1920s English-style Tudor thoughtfully combines the “then” and “now” theme throughout. See the renovated gourmet kitchen with updated cabinets that were rebuilt from the original design and a guest room with a unique design that was featured in a March 2014 House Beautiful article. Even a small cubby under the stairs for the owner’s dog has been designed to pay homage to the Ringlings.
Photos: J Nanez Photography
Housewalk at a Glance
- Friday, October 16, 2015. Add event to your calendar.
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Tickets: $30 in advance; $40 on event day
- Raffle tickets are $5 each, $20 for five tickets to win a cash prize of $500 or $250, or a Belle Etoile sterling silver rhodium-plated and enameled ring and bracelet set valued at $945. Tickets are available through SLCL members and on event day.
Get Your Tickets
- 1776 Restaurant, 397 W. Virginia St.
- Around the Clock Restaurant & Bakery, 5011 Northwest Hwy.
- Countryside Flower Shop, Nursery and Garden Center, 5301 E. Terra Cotta Ave.
- da Baffone Cucina Italiana, 111 N. Main St.
- Dalzell & Co., 41 N. Williams St.
- Mueller Interiors Inc., 440 W. Virginia St.
- Shay for You & Your Home, 30-D N. Williams St.
- Twisted Stem Floral, 407 E. Terra Cotta Ave.
- Wickham Interiors Inc., 67 N. Williams St.
- Yours & Meyn Simply Designed, 37 N. Williams St.
Thank You to Executive-Level Sponsors
- Clicks Web Design
- Costigan Consulting
- Shade Family Foundation
- Dalzell Jewelers
- Dr. John Daniels – CL Orthopedic Surgery
- The Law Offices of Andrew Szocka P.C.
- McHenry County Living
- The Quantum Group
- Shade Family Foundation
- The Wallen Family