Towns in McHenry County host farmers markets year-round.
- Summer Market: Sundays, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., June-end of September, Cary Metra Lot, 100 W. Main St., 847.639.2800. Hosted by Rotary Club of Cary-Grove, shop a wide selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, cheeses, baked goods, herbs, flowers, plants and more.
- Winter Market: Hosted by Rotary Club of Cary-Grove, 9 a.m.-noon, first Sundays, October-May, Algonquin Township Building 6, Crystal Lake.
- Summer Market: Saturdays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., June 4-October 15, Depot Park, 815.479.0835, Facebook. Hosted by the Downtown Crystal Lake/Main Street Association, shop local vendors for organic meat and eggs to flowers and fruit, and enjoy regular entertainment in the gazebo.
- Summer Market: Saturdays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., May 28-October 8, Municipal Complex Parking Lot, 10987 Main St., 847.515.5200, Facebook. Hosted by the Village of Huntley, find locally grown fruits and vegetables, eggs, fresh-frozen free-range chickens, artisan breads and pastries, jams, jellies, local honey, gourmet dog treats, organic soaps/lotions, flowers, granola, coffee and tea.
- Winter Market: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., first Saturdays, November-April, Legion Hall, Huntley.
- Summer Market: Fridays, 3 p.m.-6:30 p.m., June 17-October, 2710 S. Country Club Road, Woodstock, 815.338.1035, Facebook. Colorful heirloom tomatoes, super-hot peppers, squash, beets, lettuce, cut herbs, eggplant, potatoes – whatever is ready to harvest will be available to you.
- Summer Market: Thursdays, 4 p.m.-7:30 p.m., June-September, Veterans Memorial Park, 3400 Pearl St., 815.363.2100. Hosted by the City of McHenry, local vendors offer plants, produce, meat, baked goods, honey, beef and crafts. This market is held in conjunction with the city’s Summer Band Concert series.
- Summer Market: Tuesdays and Saturdays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., May-October, Woodstock Square, 815.338.5164, Facebook. Voted 2012’s No. 1 farmers market in Illinois, this large, producers-only market boasts a variety of vendors in and around the square (40 on Saturdays; 30 on Tuesdays). Each week features music from local artists. LINK cards and WIC/senior benefit vouchers are accepted at the market. Double value tokes up to $5 per market day are also avaialble, while funding lasts. More information is available here.
- Winter Market: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturdays, November-April, McHenry County Fairgrounds, Building D, Woodstock.
Cary Metra Lot
100 W Main St, Cary, IL, United States
Depot Park, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Veterans Memorial Park
3400 Pearl St, McHenry, IL, United States
Woodstock Square Mall, South Johnson Street, Woodstock, IL, United States
Municipal Complex Parking Lot
10987 Main St, Huntley, IL, United States
2710 South Country Club Road, Woodstock, IL, United States