McHenry: “Happiest City”
Something to smile about: McHenry named one of the 10-happiest cities in Illinois.
The city of McHenry is one of the top-10 happiest Illinois cities, according to CreditDonkey.com. The list is based on factors like amenities, income and commute rate.
“The relatively low violent crime rate and the fact that the median income approaches the $70,000 mark combine to make residents good-humored,” the site said. “Just over 5 percent of workers head out on the highway before 5 a.m. when they’re likely to beat the average 29 minutes it takes McHenry residents to reach their employer.”
The following is a list of all factors considered:
- Restaurants per capita: 1 per 353 inhabitants
- Odds of being the victim of a violent crime: 1 in 772.1
- Average commute time: 29.1 minutes
- Percentage of residents leaving for work before 5 a.m.: 5.3 percent
- Median household income: $67,740
- Percentage of divorced residents: 6.6 percent of males, 10.1 percent of females
- Percentage of income spent on housing: 25.2%
Find the full list of happy cities and how the ranking was calculated here.