Long a tradition in McHenry County, seasonal farmers markets feature local vendors selling fresh produce, food, plants, flowers and more.
2012 Farmers Markets Schedule Featured
Check out McHenry County's bountiful farmers markets in a town near you!
- Cary: Sundays (9 a.m.-1 p.m), June-September, Metra parking lot – The Cary Farmers Market features numerous vendors with fresh fruits and vegetables, canned goods, plants, flowers, specialty foods, baked goods and more. Expect more produce, including award-winning local corn on the cob, starting Sunday, June 17. On the first Sundays of the month – July 1, August 5 and September 2 – expect a few extra special vendors, outdoor music, free chamber shopping bags and a free raffles to win free farmers market groceries.
- Crystal Lake: Saturdays (8 a.m.-1 p.m.), June-October, Depot Park – Enjoy fresh produce, flowers, baked goods and more; shop in our unique historic downtown area; have lunch in any of our fine downtown restaurants; stroll the beautifully landscaped streets; discover the heart of Crystal Lake!
- Harvard: Saturdays (9 a.m. -1 p.m.), May-October, downtown Harvard – We are a producers-only market, that means that all products are grown, raised, produced or made by the vendors themselves. Enjoy fresh produce, farm-raised frozen chicken, compost, honey, flowers and plants, baked goods, shrubs, craft items and more.
- Huntley: Saturdays (8 a.m.-1 p.m.), June-October, Huntley Square – Enjoy locally grown fruits and vegetables, farm fresh chicken and duck eggs, fresh frozen free range chickens, fresh baked artisan breads, delicious pastries, jams, jellies, local honey, gourmet dog treats, organic soaps/lotions, fresh cut flowers, homemade granolas, good-for-you coffee and tea beverages and much more!
- McHenry: Thursdays, June-September, Veteran's Memorial Park – Check out this great market in conjunction with food vendors and free McHenry City Band concerts.
- Woodstock: Tuesdays and Saturdays (8 a.m.-1 p.m.), May-October, Woodstock Square – This producers-only market is proud to have been voted the No. 1 farmers market in the state of Illinois in 2011 in the American Farmland Trust annual contest. It also placed 6th in America for medium-sized markets. In addition to vendors, Every week, the market features musical performances from local artists from country to pop to jazz.