Rauetoberfest: 5 Facts
September 9, 2016 in Food & Drink by MCL Staff
5 fast facts about the 3rd annual Rauetoberfest.
- Two days – close to home! 5 p.m.-11 p.m., Friday, September 9; and 4 pm-10 pm., Saturday, September 10 at Beyond Stable Farms (map below).
- Affordable fun (for a great cause!): $5 at the gate; children 8 years old and younger are free. Express Pass ($25 in advance) includes express parking, seating, lines for food and beverage, a free drink and swag! Buy here. (Rauetoberfest benefits Raue Center For The Arts in Crystal Lake.)
- It rocks! Friday, 5 p.m.-7 p.m., enjoy a live performance by family favorite, Ralph Covert of Ralph’s World; 8-11 p.m., experience beloved blues outfit Jimmy Nick & Don’t Tell Mama. German Oompah band Die Musikmeisters Band plays traditional polkas, waltzes, marches and more Saturday.
- Eat like a Bavarian: Cafe 20, one of the best Oktoberfest venues in McHenry County, will keep your plates stacked with German fare. Charles Herdrick will keep your steins full of Oktoberfest suds.
- Bring the kids! A Root Bier Garten is full of fun children’s activities, games and giveaways, plus Sprecher root beer floats.
🍻 Insider tip: Commit this one to memory – you’ll thank us later: “Zicke zacke zicke zacke hoi hoi hoi!”
Beyond Stable Farms
11129 Route 176, Woodstock, IL, United States