7 Stylish Chocolates
Impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day with hand-made chocolates that capture his or her style!
Think outside of the heart-shaped box with these 7 chocolate ideas – and where to find them!
- For the traditionalist: Anderson’s Candy Shop in Richmond has been around since 1919 – they use tried-and-true recipes and only the best-quality ingredients. “Everything is handmade and hand-dipped and hand-packed.”
- For the aficionado: Ethereal Confections on the Woodstock Square is one of very few bean-to-bar chocolatiers in the country. “We are committed to using organic ingredients, no preservatives and creating amazing flavors.”
- For the fun-loving: Wicked Chocolates in Algonquin wows tastebuds with chocolate inspired by everything from fine wine to comfort food. “Our imagination is always working to bring new and interesting combinations.”
- For the romantic: Riverside Chocolate Factory in McHenry’s best seller is chocolate-covered strawberries. “Our secret ingredient is love — made with loving hands.”
- For the chocoholic: Morkes Chocolates says from Huntley to Belgium, China to India, its customers worldwide agree: “It’s the smoothest, most delicious chocolate ever.”
- For the kid at heart: Mellie’s Chocolate & Co. in downtown Crystal Lake has all the traditional home-made chocolates “guaranteed to make your taste buds soar,” and you’ll feel like a kid again filling a bag with the fun retro goodies from candy jars.
- For the umami addict: Another Riverside favorite – particularly among the guys – is chocolate-covered bacon, the ultimate umami bomb. “Men around McHenry County can’t resist this bacon treat.”
Riverside Chocolate Factory
Riverside Chocolate Factory, Illinois 120, McHenry, IL, United States
Mellie's Chocolate & Co., North Williams Street, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Anderson's Candy Shop
Anderson's Candy Shop, North Main Street, Richmond, IL, United States
Morkes Chocolates, Main Street, Huntley, IL, United States
Wicked Chocolates, Lake Cook Road, Algonquin, IL, United States
Ethereal Confections, South Benton Street, Woodstock, IL, United States