Top 5 Oktoberfests, ranked.
1. Broken Oar, Port Barrington, Fox Riverfront, September 23-25
- Highlights: Three days of of German food and fun. Music lineup – Friday: 97 Nine; Saturday: Downpour, Friction and Kashmir; Sunday: Keith Semple from The Voice.
- Hours: 11 a.m.-3:00 a.m. Friday; 9 a.m.-3:00 a.m. Saturday; and 9 a.m. – 2 a.m. Sunday.
2. Crystal Lake Brewing, Downtown Crystal Lake, September 16-17
- Highlights: Great food, terrific live music, and of course, some of the best beer you’ll find this side of Munich! All beer is served in half-liter take-home souvenir mugs.
- Hours: 3 p.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
3. Cafe 20, Marengo, September 13-18
- Highlights: Tuesday: Opening ceremonies, 5 p.m.; keg tapping by Burgermeister, 5:30 p.m. Wednesday: M.O.R.E Center Benefit Day. Bring a non-perishable item and the $2 cover charge is waived. Sunday: Family Fun Day with face painting, balloon animals and pumpkin painting for kids. Musical performances daily.
- Hours: Restaurant hours vary from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Bar might be open until 1 a.m. based on occupancy.
4. Saufen und Spiel, Johnsburg Community Club, September 9-11
- Highlights & Hours: Friday: Black Light Bean Bag Tournament, registration at 5 p.m., tournament starts at 7 p.m.; live music with Stupidville at 7 p.m. Saturday: Banjo Beer Night, gates open at 5 p.m., live music with Valentine, 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.; Gooroos at 8:30 p.m. Sunday: Saufen und Spiel, parade starts at 12:30 p.m. Live music with Johnny Russler & The Beach Bum Band, 2:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
5. Rauetoberfest, Beyond Stable Farms, Woodstock, September 9-10
- Highlights: A two-day long celebration of traditional German music, food and activities. Friday features live music from Ralph Covert (of “Ralph’s World”) and Jimmy Nick & Don’t Tell Mama; Die Musikmeisters Band plays all day Saturday.
- Hours: Friday: 5 p.m.-11 p.m. Saturday: 4 p.m.-10 p.m.
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Ranking based on Facebook fan votes. Subscribe to our Facebook Events Page to cast your vote in our polls.