by MCL Staff in Best of McHenry County, Fans' Choice Awards, Food & Drink, Going Places, Lil Hank, Shopping
Top sushi spots, ranked.
1. KYOTO Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar, Crystal Lake
- Why it’s the best: Chefs prepare delicious Japanese cuisine right in front of guests, including teppanyaki, sushi and sashimi.
- 5 Star Review: “This has to be the best Japanese steakhouse in Illinois you also have a nice sushi bar. Always a wait but it’s definitely worth it.” –Pat Bigham, Lake in the Hills
2. Bistro Wasabi, Lake in the Hills
- Why it’s one of the best: Sushi lovers will be inspired by the classically prepared sushi, as well as unique and avant garde makis.
- 5 Star Review: “Excellent service and very warm decor inside. We’ve eaten at more expensive sushi restaurants in Chicago and in our opinion they don’t compare to Bistro Wasabi.” –Tom Franz
3. Woow Sushi, Algonquin
- Why it’s one of the best: Fresh oyster o toro (fatty tuna) and sea urchin daily serve while supply last each day. All fish received eachday must fresh approved by head chef Kevin!
- 5 Star Review: “Nice decor, reasonable price for fresh sashimi, friendly staff, very smart presentation and delicious.” –Kevin Chen, Orland Park
4. Kumi Sushi, Crystal Lake
- Why it’s one of the best: Huge variety of sushi rolls, including the famous Crazy Salmon Roll, The Angel Wing Roll, as well as Asian fusion options like the governor chicken and Mongolian steak.
- 5 Star Review: “Loved the ambiance, the food was very unique and delicious. Ordered a couple drinks (sake martini was very good) and several specialty rolls (the anniversary roll, of course). Very fresh with a good level of spice. We have a new favorite and we’ll be back.” –Julie Fors, Algonquin
5. Sushi King Yummy 2
- Why it’s one of the best: Delicious sushi and Japanese food at a reasonable price.
- 5 Star Review: “Totally recommend the cold peach saki! My favorite is the gyoza, spicy tuna roll and pop up roll. The sashimi is delish, as well. Can’t go wrong with all you can eat.” –Julie Fitzgerald, Algonquin
Details are subject to change at any time – always call ahead!
Koyoto Japanese Restaurant
Kyoto Japanese Restaurant, Northwest Highway, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Bistro Wasabi, West Algonquin Road, Lake in the Hills, IL, United States
Woow Sushi, South Randall Road, Algonquin, IL, United States
Parkside Pub, Main Street, Huntley, IL, United States
Sushi King Yummy 2
Sushi King, East Algonquin Road, Algonquin, IL, United States