Christmas Tree Farms
The Christmas tree capital of Illinois opens for business the day after Thanksgiving.
Christmas tree farms in McHenry County share the magic of cutting your own tree. And did you know, McHenry County harvests more fresh Christmas trees than anywhere else in the state? Yep, plus most open the day after Thanksgiving. All provide saws and offer assistance if needed. Some have pre-cut trees. They’ll shake and bale your tree and help you secure it to your car for the ride home. Time to plan your trip to a McHenry County tree farm!
- Ben’s Christmas Tree Farm – Nine varieties of organically-grown, pesticide-free trees from 6-15 feet: Fir, spruce and pine. Handmade wreaths and garlands, available at the farm, may also be ordered online for delivery anywhere in the continental United States. Horse-drawn wagon rides, gift shop, Santa Claus, farm animals, free cocoa and coffee.
- Bill’s Friendly Evergreen Tree Farm – Six varieties of pine, spruce and fir. Family owned and operated for 20 years, this farm offers a backwoods feel where Christmas trees and customer service are the main focus.
- Cal & Shan’s Christmas Tree Farm, – 10 varieties of spruce, fir and pine and rooted live trees for planting after Christmas. Gift shop.
- Conifera Christmas Tree Farm – Four varieties of large choose-and-cut spruce and pre-cut premium grade Fraser and Balsam Fir, as well as live potted trees, wreaths and garland.
- Grandpa’s Christmas Tree Farm –Dozens of varieties of trees in every shape and size. Open weekends through December 9. Free cocoa and coffee, and tractor-drawn wagon rides.
- Holly Jolly Tree Farm – U-cut Scotch pine, plus pre-cut Frasier fir. Petting zoo, wagon rides, gift shop and free cocoa.
- Moehling Christmas Tree Farm – Choose from 8,000 spruce, fir and pine trees. Visit Santa’s workshop and craft vendors selling homemade gifts in the warming barn.
- Oney’s Tree Farm – The oldest and largest tree farm in Northern Illinois, with more more than 60,000 trees on 60 acres. U-cut, pre-cut or rooted-for-later-planting in nine varieties of fir, pine and spruce. Weekend horse-drawn wagon rides, bakery, lunch, cocoa, Mrs. Claus in her North Pole house, wreaths, garlands, decorations and gifts.
- Pine-Apple Tree Farm – Ten acres of you-cut spruce, pine and fir, plus pre-cut Wisconsin Frazier Fir.
- Pioneer Tree Farm – Organically-grown pine, juniper, spruce and fir. Tractor-drawn wagon rides, free cocoa and coffee in the warming house and handmade decorations.
- Richardson’s Tree Farm – More than 50,000 trees with seven varieties of spruce, pine and fir on 75 acres. Fresh donuts and kettle corn, free cocoa and coffee in the heated barn with indoor restrooms, wreaths, garlands and decorations. Tractor-drawn wagon rides on weekends.
- Triple K Pines – You choose and cut from five varieties of spruce and pine. Also Christmas wreaths, garlands, holiday decorations, free hot cider, gift shop.