5 Green Holiday Tips
Food Shed Coop fans share their favorite earth-friendly holiday traditions.
- Set a waste-free table: Use cloth napkins and get out the good china. Compost cooking scraps.
- Serve local food: Farmers markets have moved indoors and offer a great selection. Insider tip: R Family Farm in Poplar Grove sells local turkeys! See our Guide to Winter Markets.
- Send e-cards: Online invitations and greeting cards save time, money and paper.
- Wrap wisely: Wrap gifts with reusable packing such as fabric, multi-use bags – or get creative with newspaper. Get inspired here.
- Shop local: Look for gifts without batteries. Give experiences that create memories instead of waste. Shop small business. See our Holiday Gift Guide and Green Living Guide for ideas.