5 Romantic Adventures
by Julie Baron in Arts & Attractions, Food & Drink, Going Places, Health & Fitness, Kids & Family, Recreation, Shopping
5 ways to cozy up in Lake Geneva and celebrate Valentine’s Day.
- A recipe for romance. Sign up for a couples cooking class offered by the Lake Geneva School of Cooking. The My Funny Valentine dinners include a four-course meal, wine tasting, and a night full of celebrating love and laughter. The hands-on chocolate and sweet treat dessert workshop is perfect for Chocoholics.
- Food is love. Restaurants offering special Valentines Day-themed meals include The Abbey Resort’s 240° West, Geneva National’s Hunt Club Steakhouse and Crafted Americana in The Ridge Hotel. Find more options here.
- Sleep on it. Make it a weekend! Hotels offering holiday packages include Grand Geneva Resort & Spa’s Lift of Love or Over the Top Resort Romance; Lake Lawn Resort Couples Valentine’s Hideaway; The Cove of Lake Geneva Romance Package; and The Ridge Hotel Valentine’s Eat, Drink, Love Package. Explore accommodations here.
- Spice it up: Combine your romantic getaway with one of the many special events or activities offered in the Lake Geneva area like the The U.S. National Snow Sculpting Competition (Feb. 1-4) or Sky Circus on Ice held at Lake Lawn Resort (Feb. 17-19). Celebrate with the Valentine’s Extravaganza package at The Dancing Horses Theatre where talented equines and their trainers put on a Vegas style show in an intimate theater. Consider a couple massage or other relaxing spa treatments at one of the boutique or full service spas in the Lake Geneva area. Find events here.
- Tokens of affection: Shop the quaint downtown for jewelry, home décor, antiques, art, wine and more. One-of-a-kind shops such as Brick & Mortar Home, Maple Park Antiques, Thompson Art Gallery, Fleming’s and Delaney Street Mercantile welcome visitors with unique offerings and friendly service. Don’t miss the Cornerstone Shop & Gallery’s Valentine’s special, buy one Hanky Panky lingerie item and get one free. Find a shopping guide here.
Lake Geneva, WI, United States