9 Reasons to Save Pioneer
9 reasons we need Pioneer Center for Human Services in McHenry County.
The Illinois budget crisis and insufficient program funding means Pioneer Center for Human Services is at risk of shutting its doors. Pioneer Center is our county’s largest human services agency making a direct positive impact on 4,800 people, plus a additional 10,000 people via outreach every year. If helping those in need in our community is a priority, consider a donation to help save Pioneer – no contribution is too small.
The numbers speak for themselves. Here are 9:
- 1,100 youth receive outpatient therapy.
- 270 adults with mental illness learn independent living skills.
- 294 men, women and children find new starts through McHenry County PADS.
- 192 people with developmental disabilities learn job skills.
- 16 young adults participate in a specialized autism program.
- 99 people live in group homes.
- 18 behavioral health programs are offered.
- 14 developmental disability programs are offered.
- 17 group homes are operated.