Soups to Warm You Up
Soup’s on! Here are 7 soups you need to try this winter.
- Pho (pronounced: fuh): The Vietnamese “cure-all” soup with beef and rice noodles, is available weekends at Roll N Donuts Cafe, Algonquin.
- Tomato basil: Pair it with The Cuban sandwich, available daily at Broken Oar, Port Barrington.
- Manhattan lobster bisque: Choose from three size options – cup, bowl or included in the soup trio sampler – at Port Edward, Algonquin.
- Chili: Top this winter-weather favorite with cheese, onions and crackers at Breaking Bread Catering & Deli, Cary.
- Red lentil: This highly nutritious soup is vegan and gluten-free. Fire it up with a dash of Leslie’s hot sauce at Expressly Leslie Vegetarian Specialties, Woodstock.
- Beef stew: This hearty classic is available when you need it the most: October through April at Kalck’s Butcher Shop, Crystal Lake.
- Guinness chili: Loaded with meat, fresh spices, a bit of heat and kissed with Guinness stout beer, it’s better than a pot o’ gold at Doyle’s Pub, Richmond.
Roll N Donuts
Roll N' Donuts Cafe, Algonquin Road, Algonquin, IL, United States
BROKEN OAR MARINA-BAR & GRILL, Rawson Bridge Road, Port Barrington, IL, United States
Port Edward Restaurant, Algonquin Road, Algonquin, IL, United States
Breaking Bread Catering & Deli, Northwest Highway, Cary, IL, United States
110 South Johnson Street, Woodstock, IL, United States
Kalck's Butcher Shop
Kalck's Butcher Shop, East Woodstock Street, Crystal Lake, IL, United States
Doyle's Pub, Mill Street, Richmond, IL, United States